Understanding Multicultural Grief in a Changing World
Understanding Multicultural Grief in a Changing World, in the context of current events in Europe, is a hugely important subject. This conference will be of interest to both practitioners and academics in understanding the nature of grief in different cultural contexts. Offering an opportunity to participate in discussion and networking this conference will increase the delegates understanding of the topic as well as generating thought provoking consideration of the issues.
Key Note Speaker:
Tony Walters from Centre for Death & Society, SPS, University of Bath and Danai Papadatou from the University of Athens.
Thursday 15th September from 3.00 to 5.30 will include
- presentation by SANDS from a SANDS service user followed by feedback and questions.
Friday 16th September from 9.30 to 3.45 will include
- a presentation by key note speaker Tony Walters ’Grief,Culture and Society’ followed by questions and feedback.
- A presentation by Danai Papadatou ‘Bereavement in the context of economic and social hardship: The Greek experience’, followed by feedback and questions.
After lunch there will be a choice of three workshops:
- Ø Danai Papadatou on caring for the dying and the bereaved- team functioning and work culture.
- Ø Tony Walters will also facilitate a workshop on grief and culture
- Ø The Sharma Centre will discuss The bereavement to achievement project – working with the bereaved Muslim women.
There will be an opportunity to share feedback and questions following the workshops.
Conclusion and finish will be 3.30 to 3.45
To book please visit http://multiculturalgrief.eventbrite.co.uk